Saturday, August 9, 2008

We Made It!!!!

After much talk of moving up to Portland, we have finally made it. We have been up here for a little over 3 weeks and are loving it. I have to give a shot out to Jen, if anyone ever needs their car pack to it's capacity, call her, she got things packed into the car, that I thought was never going to fit, with that said, our trip up was good. We left early Friday morning and drove for about 14 hours to Medford. Peanut did great, despite the fact that she had a top tooth and a molar coming in. Here is a picture of Peanut and Grammy sleeping, sorry mom, had to put this up. We made a few stops on the way to let her get out and play and to let ourselves get out and move around. When we got to Medford and checked into the hotel, Peanut had had it. She was crying like a crazy lady and the minute she got out of the car, she was happy as can be, but then again, who wouldn't be crying like a crazy lady after being lock into a carseat for about 14 hours. Our next morning we started out pretty early again and made it to Portland in about 4 hours. We had to go to the property management company first to fill out rental information and to get our keys. Mom and Jen, bless their hearts, stayed outside with the crazy lady. Well with that done, we drove over to our house. This is what we had to cross over to get our house. For those of you who don't know, there are quite a few bridges in Portland and we are pretty lucky to have this beautiful bridge to cross over. We finally got to our place and it was so nice to finally be here. We are now settled and making a home for ourselves. We live a block away from a great park, it has a place were the peanut can play, there is a pool, tennis court, basketball court, a disk golf course, which is beautiful, baseball fields and a soccer field. Our ward is great, our records just got read in on Sunday and they already had me playing the organ and piano.

The past few weeks have been great, I love the chance that I have to be at home with Wehilani and I am greatful for the job that Gray has that I am able to do that. I miss everyone at home and if anyone is up in the great northwest, please call us so we can see you. Much love, Kamaile.

7 comments:

The Lyon Family said...

Ok, now you have to post pictures of casa de Ronk.

The Scholer Family said...

Sounds like you guys are loving it!!! We are soooo happy for you!!!!!

How do you solve a problem like Malia? said...

I love the pictures of the sleeping babies. We miss you!

The Prince's said...

we'll be passing through portland next month. we'll call!!

Sandie's Spot said...

You moved to Oregon!! WOW!!! I've only been there once, but it was so pretty! Congratulations! Hope all goes well for you and the family!
I love that you have a blog, then we can keep in touch a little better! lol!
Talk to you soon

Maile Scholer said...

Ok, so I didn't read the blog...yet, but I'm just answering your question-I just deleted some of the blogs cause I thought they were kinda negative and I'm doing this thing where I'm trying to be more positive blah blah blah and I deleted the other blog with the video cause the format was weird-I still don't really know how to format at all! Help! Anywho-I hope you guys are loving Oregon and I'm coming up there in the fall to stalk the Roloffs! I mean, uh to buy a pumpkin, gagaga-Love ya cuz!

k2 said...

That is so wrong Kamaile. You could have at least photo shopped it. Lucky Wabbylicious is so cute; I'll forgive you this time.